Chris is a hepatopancreatobiliary surgeon based in Canberra and Sydney. He obtained his medical degree from the University of New South Wales and Master of Surgery from the University of Sydney. After becoming a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, he completed the two-year ANZHPBA post-fellowship program, receiving the Padbury Trophy. He spent his first year at Box Hill Hospital in Melbourne, followed by Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney, a high-volume pancreatic centre.
His strong interests are in the complex oncological surgery of the liver and pancreas, and minimally invasive approaches. Academically accomplished, his research has been published in high-impact journals. He is currently investigating genomics and biomarkers in the risk stratification of pancreatic cysts and pancreatic cancers.
Chris is on the board of the ANZHPBA as a trainee advocate and a member of the Australian Gastro-Intestinal Cancer Trial Group (AGITG).
- VMO HPB Surgeon (Locum), The Canberra Hospital, ACT
- VMO HPB Surgeon, National Capital Private, ACT
- VMO HPB Surgeon, North Shore Private, NSW
- VMO Surgeon (Locum), Calvary Public Hospital, ACT
- VMO Surgeon, John James Memorial Hospital, ACT
- VMO Surgeon, Bruce Private Hospital, ACT
- VMO Surgeon, Mater Hospital, NSW